Info seputar HK Prize 2020 – 2021.
Art and also artists have actually long held an important placement in Indonesian society– in national politics, in activities for social and also ecological justice, area development, education and learning, business layout and modern life. After 20 years of massive social change on international and also local ranges, what role will art and also artists play in Indonesia’s future?
On 11 March, The Australian National College (ANU) Indonesia Institute presented a webinar resolving this question throughout varied areas consisting of curatorship, art history, ‘artivism’, speculative as well as research-based art, regional growth as well as education and learning. The webinar will certainly likewise contribute to an edited quantity on Indonesian art, under evaluation with ANU Press.
The panel and target market replied to the adhering to themes:
- Curatorial practice and its payment to intellectual dispute on the nationwide and also international stage now and in the future.
- Art history/historiography and also its payment to understandings of art’s duty wider Indonesian history: existing as well as future challenges.
- Imaginative as well as curatorial practice outside of the significant centres: recent developments and also future challenge
- Interdisciplinary partnership in speculative and also research-based art: current advancements and also future challenges.
- Rearing and also politics in imaginative method: new directions within old discussions.
The panel featured Anissa Rahadiningtyas (PhD Candidate, Cornell College), Arham Rahman (manager as well as artistic supervisor), I Made Bayak (artist), Alia Swastika (Supervisor, Yogyakarta Biennale Foundation) and Karina Roosvita (Artist as well as scientist).